About the Club
The Evans Bay Yacht & Motor Boat Club is situated at Evans Bay, in New Zealand's capital city Wellington. Evans Bay is a large bay in Port Nicholson (Wellington Harbour) at the southern end of the North Island of New Zealand and is about 10 minutes drive from the centre of Wellington city.
Membership and Subscriptions
Annual subscriptions are set for the financial year of 1st September - 31st August.
Membership forms and full details are available from the office on the first floor of the clubhouse, alternatively you can download a membership form and send it in
|Veteran||$117.55||60 yrs incl. 10 yrs membership|
|Senior||$281.11||20 yrs and over|
|Youth||$97.11||Under 20 yrs|
|Family||$368.00||Senior plus partner and children under 20 yrs|
Clothing is available from the club, order form is available here
FacilitiesThe following services are provided by the Club and come under the control of the Club Captain:
- Quick slip and side slipping for keelers and launches.
- Hard storage for Trailer Yachts, Catamarans and Flying Fifteens.
- Covered storage for all Centreboarders.
- Trailer boat cradle hire.
Current prices for boat storage at Evans Bay Yacht & Motor Boat Club can be found in the following document; EBYMBC Boat Storage Rates-PDF 6KB
Boat Storage Rules and Conditions
The following rules shall apply to members storing boats at the Evans Bay Yacht and Motor Boat Club.
- Spaces are allocated to a financial member of the club for the period 1 September each year to 31 August the following year.
- The financial member (proof required), or his/her agent, must attend allocation day, and on that day pay for the right to rent a space.
- Spaces will normally be re-allocated to the person who fits the criteria 1. or 2. above.
- Spaces are not transferable. If you sell your boat the space does not go with it. If you sell your boat during the year and buy another, the space may continue to be used without further payment. However, the Park Controller must be advised.
- You may not transfer the space to another member without the Park Controller's authority.
- Always use your own space. If your space is parked in and the offender can be moved, do so. Do not just park in the next empty space as this only compounds the problem. Contact the Park Controller.
- If you change your boat or its name during the season, advise the Park Controller. This is for your own protection as illegally stored boats will be removed.
- Failure to comply with the above may mean that you will forfeit your park.
- Boats may be parked only at the Park Controller's discretion.
- The owner's name and phone number must be displayed along with the appropriate annual sticker to indicate payment has been made. That sticker is to be visible when the boat is parked.
- As a general rule, boats that are used regularly will be allocated the most suitable parks.
- On boats parked outside, all halyards must be secured away from the mast.
- All boats are stored at the owners risk.
The House facility is open to all Club members and their guests.
(Galley on the Hard): This has a large area available for functions and meetings. Seating 120 people, there is also a kitchen and bar on this floor, with tea and coffee facilities just inside the rear entrance.
This has the main club entrance from Evans Bay Parade, also Womens, Mens and Accessibility toilets.
Upstairs Lounge and Bar:
This area has its own Bar facility and opens out onto an outdoor area. Seating for 40 people.
Galley on the Hard
- Fridays: Bar 5.00pm - 10.00pm
- Race Days: Lunch 11.00am - 1.00pm
All visitors are welcome to use these facilities as a guest of a Club member. Club members are asked to sign guests in. A visitor book is provided in the foyer to the lounge for this purpose.
Helping out behind the bar is a great bunch of Club members, and anyone is welcome to join in. This is also probably the best and most civilised way of meeting everybody else in the Club! Leave your name and contact number behind the bar, and we shall ensure that you find this an enjoyable introduction to the Club.
Hire of House Facilities
The Club premises are situated on the waterfront of Evans Bay, convenient for the Central City, the Airport and the Southern Suburbs. There is ample off street parking behind the Club House.
Areas within the Club House available for hire
- The upstairs Lounge and Bar
- The downstairs Hall and Bar
Times Available For Hire
- Day 9.00am - 4.00pm
- Evening 6.00pm - 1.00am
The Club is happy to discuss hire times and detailed arrangements to ensure all functions held in the Club proceed smoothly to the satisfaction and enjoyment of everyone.For working sessions we have:
- Fax facility
- Television and video
Charges are indicative only and subject to change without notice. Prices include GST of 15% Please check with the Club Administrator.
Quick Slip (lift & hold)
- $60 per half hour for members
- $90 per half hour for non-members
- $20.00 per metre (length on deck)
- $1.30 per metre for first 30 days
- $2.20 per metre for 31 days plus
Use of Waterblaster
- $2.40 per metre
- $50 per use plus $10 per day storage for the first 7 days; thereafter $17 per day.
Long Term Hard Standing
Available by arrangement
Club Members Discount
40% on all the above charges
Bookings For The Slip or Hard Standingplease contact;
- Slipmaster, Mike Usher (027 240 5109)
- Slipway Manager Bill McCullough (386-2961)
- or the Club Administrator.
Payment of Accounts
It is club policy that all bills are to be paid prior to departing the slip. Accounts for hardstanding are to be paid monthly. Unfinancial members will be charged non-member rates. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Slipway Rules and ConditionsThe slipping facility is provided under the following conditions.
- No sandblasting.
- No machine tools after 8.00 pm.
- All halyards must be secured.
- Cradles not removed within 48 hours will be disposed of at the owners expense.
- Single and three phase welding plug is available in the winch house only.
- Unfinancial members will be charged at non-member rates.
- Payment in full is required at the time of departure.
- All slipping operations are at the boat owners risk